Ann Didusch Schuler (American, 1917-)
Red and white chalk on tan paper, signed.
Sight size: 10” x 8”
Frame size: 17.5” x 15.5”
Trained at the Maryland Institute College of Art, as well as the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Schuler became a technical assistant to Jacques Maroger at the Maryland Institute of Art during the 1950s. In 1959, she and her husband, Hans Schuler, Jr., founded their own art school, The Schuler School of Fine Arts, where they still both teach today.
Her work can be found in public and private collections all over the country, including the Maryland State Archives, the National Museum of Women in the Arts, and Baltimore’s Lyric Opera House.
She is a signature member of the Oil Painters of America, and has been honored by the Maryland Historical Society as the state’s senior active female painter. In addition, she is a fourth generation artist in the well-known Didusch family.