Pair of Antique English "Gothik" Windsor Side Chairs in elm, beech, and ash with hoop back enclosing a "Gothik" tracery design, having ring-turned legs joined by H-form stretchers. Circa 1850, Thames Valley Region. (Repairs to hoop.)
Fine Victorian Cane Rack or Umbrella Stand in black painted cast iron; having a shaped pediment, decorated back with a relief of a dog's head and removable tray in the base.
The English registry number impressed in the back dates this to circa 1885.
Antique English Carved Walnut Storage Bench, rectangular with upholstered hinged lid and front panel with openwork gothic arches. The hinges are stamped “Horne Patent” a hinge used by both Gillows and Holland and Son. Circa 1850.
Fine Victorian Needlepoint Tilt Top Table in walnut having a circular top with floral needlepoint under glass, a turned and tapered pillar with carved leafage decoration and openwork scrolled legs. American or English, circa 1860.
Fine Antique English Canterbury in Walnut, having four pierced partitions with “C” scroll carved decoration above a single drawer and raised on turned ball form feet with brass casters.
Originally designed for sheet music, these are now used primarily as magazine racks. To see other examples, type "canterbury" into the search box. ...click for details
Fine Antique English Victorian Tilt Top Tea Table, ebonized, polychrome painted and partial gilt decorated, the circular top with floral decoration.
(minor losses to painted decoration, legs replaced).
Provenance: Society of the Cincinatti, Anderson House Museum, Washington, D.C. Accession Number M.1938.753 ...click for details
Exceptional and Rare Pair of Anglo Indian Side Chairs, in rosewood with the backs elaborately pierced and carved with intertwining leafy vines and gracefully “s” shaped stiles; the seats retaining the original caning but now upholstered, the serpentine seat rails carved with a flowerhead and vines; the two front legs cabriole and boldly carved with acanthus leaves terminating in scrolled and pegged feet, the rear legs of chamfered serpentine shape.
Bombay, Circa 1850-60
[Losses, Backs reinforc ...click for details